My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.localbizbuz.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Boston SEO Seminar

Last week I went to Boston to deliver a pair of four hour workshops on search marketing (what else?!). The sessions went great - though I'm thinking about moving everyone to the PM session - people are SO much more awake!

The seminar was held at Metro Meeting Center in Boston. This is a FANTASTIC facility. I have done seminars at facilities all over the country and this one is the best. That's big - out of all the others, this one stands out.

When you walk in, there is a nice wide open area with tables (high tops and low tops) with comfortable chairs. Plenty of places to sit and network or have meetings. Turns out the Metro is IACC certified, which means it meets some very high standards - something to look for when organizing an event, for sure.

Did I mention the food? We're not talking cheap continental here...they had some spread! All kinds of food, hot and cold. Since I am a bigtime coffee snob, this set up really was spectacular. They proudly served Starbucks coffee - which actually tasted like Starbucks (big fan). They also had fresh honey and sugar sticks (like rock candy on a stick) to sweeten your morning beverage of choice.

The conference room had a sweet AV setup, with ceiling mounted projector, touch screen controls in the wall and plenty of power outlets in convenient places.

The sessions went well. We had about 85 people total, with about 30 in the AM and 50 in the PM. My snap-poll showed about 10% were Web designers, the rest were business owners and marketers. One guy asked me what I meant when I kept mentioning "paper clips." There's one in every crowd... Not ragging the guy, he really didn't know. I think this speaks volumns about search marketing - when businesses don't know what pay-per-click is, how can they grasp ideas like organic ranking strategy? And how on earth can they apply it to their businesses? That's why I do what I do...to help these folks understand the power that can be harnessed by a well thoughtout SEM strategy.

Boston was a fun venue.

Next I'll be off to Dallas. I had a great time there last Fall - this should be more of the same. Let's see how the Texans do with this!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

i want to know about seo but not from start . I want to know about everything that how i become a successful seo in the market & how i get high ranking in all search engines. Because i know the some steps of seo. So i want to know all about seo.
--------------------
teff john

SEO